The WTL Club Health & Fitness News

Topical information regarding diet, weight-loss, health, fitness, & nutrition.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Herbal Hot Flash Relief

HERBAL HOT FLASH RELIEF
Black cohosh is an herb that contains phytoestrogen. It can be used to relieve hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, incontinence, irritability, anxiety, headaches, & depression.

It is recommended that rather than diagnosing yourself, that you consult an alternative practitioner for a diagnosis of particular menopausal symptoms, assess overall health, discuss medical history, & prescribe dosage of herbs.

Personally, around the age of 46, I started to get some show-stopping cramps -- after 32 years of being virtually cramp-free. I tried evening primrose oil & it worked beautifully. Shortly thereafter, I started to get an occasional hot flash & the evening primrose oil worked beautifully once again & I took it daily.

There was a period of time when I failed to replenish my supply & noticed the hot flashes again but now they were back with a vengeance. For about a 2-week period, I would be cold in the air-conditioning in my classroom with a jacket on, until a hot flash started. I’d have to come out of my jacket shortly thereafter & then I’d have to put my jacket back on shortly after the hot flash ended. I went through this several times during a school day. This same scenario continued in the evenings & at night. I would be under the covers until a hot flash started & then I’d take the cover off until shortly after the hot flash was over. I even came out of my sleep a couple of times with night sweats.

I determined to try dong quai or black cohosh & I found black cohosh first. I’m taking evening primrose & black cohosh daily & I am hot flash & night sweat free! Hallelujah!

I thank God for the herbs that He put on earth & for Him giving man the technology to put them in capsule or pill form. He has some awesome things for us all if we just seek after the truth -- Jesus is the Truth -- He is the Way, the Truth & the Life! (John 14:6)
Cordially,

Karen Minnis
http://www.thewtlclub.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home